Tips when using SwellPro LiPo batteries
1. Battery Use
– Do not allow the batteries to come into contact with any kind of liquid. Do not drop the battery into water.
– Do not leave batteries out in the rain, or near a source of moisture. If the inside of the battery comes into contact with water, chemical decomposition may occur, potentially resulting in the battery catching on fire, and may even lead to an explosion.
– Never use non-Swellpro batteries. New batteries can be purchased by going to www.dwaaoz.com.au, or through your local Swellpro dealer. Swellpro takes no responsibility for any damage or injury caused by using non-SwellPro batteries.
– Never use or charge swollen, leaky or damaged batteries. If your batteries are abnormal, please contact Swellpro or a Swellpro authorized dealer for further assistance.
– The battery can be used in temperatures ranging from -10°C to 40°C. The use of the battery in environments above 50°C can lead to a fire or explosion. The use of the battery below -10°C can lead to permanent damage.
– Never disassemble, or penetrate the batteries with sharp tools, otherwise, this may result in the battery catching fire, or even lead to an explosion.
– Electrolytes in the battery are highly corrosive. If any electrolytes make contact with your skin or eyes, immediately wash the affected area with fresh running water for at least 15 minutes, and then see a doctor immediately.
– If the battery falls into water, pick it up immediately and put it in a safe and open area. Maintain a safe distance from the battery until it is completely dry. Never use the battery again, and dispose of the battery properly as described in the Battery Disposal section below.
– Do not heat batteries. A battery fire can be extinguished using sand, or a dry powder fire extinguisher.
– Do not put batteries in a microwave oven, or in a pressurized container.
– Do not put the loose battery cells onto any conductive surface, such as a metal table.
– Do not put any conductive cables or metal objects together with batteries, where they may short-circuit against each other.
- Do not drop or strike batteries.
– Do not place heavy objects on the batteries or the battery charger.
– Clean battery terminals with a clean, dry cloth. Failure to do so may result in poor electrical contact, which could reduce the battery capacity, or damage the charger.
– Do not continue to fly the drone after the low battery alarm has been activated; this will result in over-discharging the battery, and potentially could damage the battery cells.
2. Battery Charging
– Always use a Swellpro approved charger to charge the battery of the drone, and the radio controller. Swellpro takes no responsibility if the battery is charged using a non-Swellpro charger.
– In order to avoid any potential accidents happening, please do not leave the battery charging unattended.
– Do not charge the battery near flammable materials, or on flammable surfaces, such as carpet or wood.
– Do not charge the battery immediately after flight, because the battery temperature may be too high.
– Disconnect the charger when not in use. Examine and maintain the charger regularly.
– Do not clean the charger with denatured alcohol or other flammable solvents.
– Never use a damaged charger.
3. Battery Storage and Transportation
– Keep batteries out of the reach of children and pets.
– Do not leave the battery near heat sources, such as a furnace, heater, or exposure to strong direct sunshine, for example: in cars.- The ideal storage temperature is 22°C ~ 28°C.
– Keep the battery in a dry and ventilated environment
– Never drop the battery into the water, or store it in places where there is a possibility of water leakage.
– Do not drop, strike, impale, pierce, or manually short-circuit the battery.
– Keep the battery away from metal objects, such as watches, jewelry, and hairpins.
– Never transport a damaged battery or a battery with a power level higher than 50%.
– Do discharge the power to 50% or less before transportation. (The suggested battery voltage level of the drone is around 15.8V, and the radio controller is 7.9V)
– Do discharge the power to 50% when you are not going to use the drone in the coming days.